Monday, April 8, 2013

Jackie week 7

This week we got together a photo shoot for the bag.  It went well.  I must say the team got the photo equipment set up and took some really great pictures.  The bag looks good, we have a product that we can sell.

Now we just need to sell some bags.  Using the photographs from Sundays shoot I started an Etsy store for Kraken Bags.  I have emailed the other group member the link to the Etsy store as well.  An indivudual email was sent out to the people who had filled out our survey about the bag.  In the email I thank people for the previous feedback and invite them to check out the bag on Etsy by attaching the link.  I also encourage people to let us know if they have any additional feedback about the bag.

The store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/KrakenBags?ref=seller_info
https://www.etsy.com/listing/128783863/durabel-and-large-enough-to-hold-a?ref=shop_home_active

We explain that at the moment we are out of stock but happy to hold bags for people.  Currently the bag is priced at $70 with a 10% discount.  With the Etsy post we also hope to validate the price point of the bag.


What a week.  After adding all the numbers I got from Anthony, Huy, Yu-Yi and myself our expenses are a bit higher than expected.  As a result I have decided to step back from offering people free bags until I can figure out exactly how much we have spent on the current prototypes of the bag.  The next step for us will be to sit down and figure out the proper means of production.

No comments:

Post a Comment