Monday, April 8, 2013

Huy Nguyen week 7

This week we got together as a team and had a product shoot. We used the photo equipment at the AMT 10th floor Lab on 2 w 13th and the photos came out really nice. None of us really come from a photography background but we put our heads together and figured it out. I took my first stab at male modeling, I don't think i'll be getting too many jobs in the future. Luckily we are trying to sell a backpack so most of the photos are of my back, so you don't have to see the goofy faces that I was making. Our photo shoot took to the streets of New York City after the studio and we were able to get some compelling lifestyle and action shots. These photos will be available on our website soon, which had a minor set back this week. I was planning on using my parsons server space, but decided that it might be best to purchase web hosting space. Even though we're trying not to hemorrhage any more money on this project, it has already begun to dig a hole into our pocketbooks. I am currently shopping for different web hosting services, so I don't have to give GoDaddy any more money. 
Yu-Yi and Jackie holding it down in the studio.

My modeling debut.


I also created an Instagram account for our company, you can follow us @krakenbags. This was very important because for the first time people could see our product and so far the reaction has been very positive. We've received comments that validate our assumptions that skateboarders want a water resistant bag like; 
@kenstacks_birdworth "I want one"
@mrgrantmartin "need one"
@nataliebohm "This is great!"
@sangpres "sold"
The positive responses that we've received off of being on instagram for 36 hours are reassuring. I've also been extensively wear testing the bag and it has been holding up to my standards of comfort and usability. Over the weekend I went on a bike/skate mission with a small crew of my friends. Each of us had a different style or backpack to carry our boards. My friends were particularly impressed by my bag and how professional it looked. The feedback that I got from them was very reassuring that we do have a "real" product and that it does have a place in the market.
Our next step is to get web hosting, launch the site, and start pre-selling Kraken Bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment