Jackie: Open ended survey questions for users
Jackie: Profit Margins google doc set up (linked to the bog gmail we should all have access let me know if you don't): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As4iYOFB1vuidEdZRHdRY0VVY3U4aXFlYTVFclphOEE#gid=0
Huy: Listing of up to 200 skate shops with in 5-10 mile radius of The New School
Huy: Questions for skate shop sales people
Huy: Listings of skate parks and skate hang outs around NYC
Anthony: Manufacturing research
Yu-Yi: Branding (colors etc)
Everyone: 5 possible names
Everyone: Other bag ideas
Everyone: Other places that sell bags and skate brands
Everyone: Think about a Web presence/outlet
Things to keep in mind my take away from in class discussion?:
Keep in mind profit margins > manufacturing > small volume > right margins > ID how to revenue
5 Bag name ideas based on some interent research about skater slang:
-Ride and wrap
-bag of boarders
Open ended Survey questions:
1. What kind of bag do you currently use (back pack, messenger bag, purse)?
2. On a typical day how efficient is your bag for caring everything you need?
3. What is your modes of transportation do you use?
4. Have you ever had to carry large awkward shaped items, what was that experience like and how did you transport them?
5. What are your thoughts about water proof or water resistant bags?
6. Do you skate board? If so, how do you transport your board?
7. Do you have friends who skateboard? If so how do they transport their skate board?
8. Would you consider buying a bag to carry a skate board (for yourself or a friend)?
9. If you answered no to the previous question how would you feel if the bag was multi purpose and was albe to hold items other than a skate board?
Bassed on the recent list serve topics regarding surveys and reply alls I think we should look at other outlets for this survey I have a friend who can send it out his network of people. I can also post it to my list at work. We can also send the survey out to other class groups that we are in. I also think the survey should be a bit shorter maybe 6 questions.
I also had a idea for a bag addition. This is a sketch of it:
If we add an extra strap to keep the bag closed it will be more secure and if its shorter than the first one we can maintain the A-symmetrical design. And I have been looking into if there is a way to make it ergonomic based on strap placement.
Some other places we would look at for bag selling:
-Yellow rat bastard