Monday, April 1, 2013

Huy Nguyen week 6

Over spring break I created the wireframes for the first version of Krakenbags.com. I am not a web designer so it is taking me a little bit longer than planned, but if all goes well should have a live web site by next week, showcasing our product. Hopefully shortly thereafter we will be selling bags. Over break I was also given the chance to participate in a benefit art show for the Rockaway skatepark that was destroyed during hurricane Sandy. 


Jackie was the only one that was in town and she got to experience the diverse yet tight knit community of New York skateboarders first hand. There was a half pipe at the event space. It was a fun night and a piece of my art got auctioned off to help out the skate community (my piece of art was a laser cut version of the Kraken logo, turned into a box).

 While I was there, I got to rub elbows with Lennon, The Owner of Wam Pum Skateshop. They have two stores one in Manhattan and one in Bridgehampton. I talked to him for a minute about the bag and he was excited by the idea and wanted to see the final product. I did not get the chance to ask him to carry our product, but I do have his contact information, hopefully in the near future we can build a strong business relationship. Special thanks goes to Gordon Cousinos for giving me the chance to show my art and be an active member in the New York skate community.
I learned that we are not just selling a waterproof bag, we are selling a lifestyle. In particular a cross between skate and urban cycling cultures. I learned from our midterm presentations that we have to show and tell the story behind the product to sell it. In the next few weeks we will have a video introducing the Kraken Bag to the world. My goal this week is to have a photo shoot for our product, for online content and marketing. I will work with Yu-Yi to develop a product shoot this coming week, as well as create a storyboard for our online commercial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment