Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jackie Week 5

This week I had a meeting with some one over at The Supply System.  It was a very insightful meeting.  I was able to learn a lot over coffee and tea in Brooklyn.  I got wonderful feed back about the bag that we are making.  More specifically the importance between form and function and the ability for that to set us apart from the rest.

I got great insight about what it really means to be made in New York.  Essentially people will pay more for products produced locally and perhaps it might be worth the time and effort to look into New York City factories.  Even though he acknowledged for such a small run of about 100-200 bags a factory might not be cost effective depending on our price break down.  I had not even realized there were still clothing factories in the city still.  There are and they are currently doing very well.

We talked extensively about process.  More specifically the way that my group was going to reach the goal of $1500 net profit.  It was very reassuring to hear that the gentleman I met with felt confident that we can easily hit the target.  He also suggested to spend more time out selling the bags using a square reader and putting together something that we might be able to give to retail markets.  The online angel is still a good one but because none of us in the group are web masters we will have to find some clever ways to E commerce on a budget, I am still leading towards etsy.  Another good outlet that had slipped my mind was to see about selling at places like Brooklyn flea.

My goals for this week are to see about NYC based factories, never hurts to make a phone call and see what is out there.  I also plan to get my square reader and make sure the account is set up properly as well as some receipt slips.  I will also investigate how to get into shopping events such as the Brooklyn flea and see what other market options we may have that are in line with New York City laws.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment