Monday, March 18, 2013

Jackie week 4


We spent the majority of this week organizing information for midterm presentations.  
That included revisiting the business model canvas.  To ensure that it accurately depicted the business we have.  This meant looking at what we considered to be our: key partnerships, key activities, key resources, value propositions, customer relationships, channels, customer segments, cost structure and revenue stream.  

We also took a step back to clearly identify what opportunity and problem we were designing for and the idea behind it.  Then supported by the market research we have done in combination with a survey and interviews a successful round of validation was completed... (A fair amount of charts and numbers to come.)   

I was also able to set up a meeting with someone at The Supply System to learn more about the business side of brands.  I am excited for this meeting and what I can learn from it.  When we spoke over the phone, I explained I was a student at Parsons.  My contact let me know that if I was looking for design advice I would be disappointed with what he has to say because, he is more of the business side then a designer.  I was really happy to hear that.  I let him know thats perfect! I have no shortage of designers around me, but a little low on the people who do the business side of things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment