Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hey guys,

So the past week has been really exciting and we are making some super progress.  I am excited to announce that we are getting closer and closer to the reality of these bags being produced in the tri-state area.  I have obtained a fabric supplier that offers 840 Denier Polyester Cordura for 1.25 a yard! And he is in NJ!  This same fabric is usually around $14 a yard at other wholesalers.  I have also found a wholesaler  for all our hardware that is 20 min. from me in jersey.  Their name is A+ products and they are an injection mold factory so its all made right here.  I also talked A+ into giving us enough hardware to make three bags for free.  We also have a ton of various webbing and fabric samples coming from different places around here as well.

I will be going to Philly this Sat. and Sun. to meet with the seamstress and have the final prototype made.  I am currently working on the final design changes to run by you guys. I'll have that later today before class.

I strongly recommend everyone digging around on this bag blog. It's really great!

http://www.carryology.com/category/regular/dig-or-diss/

I think we'll definitely be hitting under ten bucks per bag!

-Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment